PRSA New Pros Week is August 6-12, and there are a lot of ways you can get involved, whether you’re new to the field or not. This year’s theme is “Careers in Bloom: Creating a plan for career success.”
- Sign up for speed mentoring on August 9th
- Join a Twitter chat – the New Professionals Section will be hosting a Twitter chat on August 7 on planting the seeds for career-long growth
- Take a webinar – you can get primed for speed mentoring by participating in the Mentorship & making lasting connections webinar
- Follow and engage with other new professionals on social media
- Volunteer as a mentor at the speed mentoring event on August 9th
- Take a new pro or intern in your organization or network for coffee or lunch and have a conversation about their career goals
- Let a new pro know that they’re doing a good job
- Consider nominating a new pro for the PRSA Cleveland Rising Star Award (nominating opens in September)
- Check out the New Pros week hashtag #NewProsWeek and engage in the conversation
New Pros Week and the New Professionals Section of PRSA aim to help those entering the field find the tools and develop the skills they’ll need to build a career in communications. For more information on New Pros Week, check out the New Pros Section blog The Edge. The aim of the New Pros of PRSA Greater Cleveland is to foster connections for those in the industry among peers and mentors as well as offer resources to get plugged into the Cleveland PR and communications community.
If you’re interested in receiving more information about New Pros activities, contact Rachel Kerstetter.
Rachel Kerstetter is the VP of Membership for PRSA Greater Cleveland and chairs the New Pros and Student Day committees. She is the Public Relations Architect at Sonnhalter, the leading B2T marketing communications firm.