akhia, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is seeking a service-oriented, forward-thinking Account Director to add to our growing team. The individual who fills this role will help manage and lead our growing client base of B2B and B2C accounts by leading client strategy sessions, developing plans, helping oversee and manage the day-to-day account activities on multiple accounts in addition to other projects assigned. This individual in this role will have an opportunity to act as a strategic lead on agency account teams and manage high-level projects, as well as other projects assigned. Depending on the account, the Account Director could be serving as the account lead or could be working to provide strategic support and planning for the account.
• Manage an assortment of projects through the agency, requiring collaboration skills and the ability to manage others, bringing in teams (creative and content) as needed
• Drive strategy on projects that ladder up to client business goals, helping grow opportunities for the client and also grow the business internally
• Develop, execute and maintain annual marketing communications plans and programs, project work plans, schedules and budgets
• Lead creative brief development while ensuring the brief is on brand and on message for campaign/creative development
• Lead and/or assist with facilitation of client meetings and presentation of deliverables, from strategic plans to creative concepts
• Prepare project proposals and estimates, communicate scope to client and manage progress ensuring projects complete on time and within budget
• Manage multiple projects at once ensuring quality work for clients, often under tight deadlines
• Monitor all work and project hours to ensure brand standards are being met and jobs are completed within scope
• Lead quarterly forecasting meetings to review previous successes and project where your lines of business are headed in the future
• Build client and account relationships
• Build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and their competitors’
• Provide market feedback as it relates to competitors, new products and trends
• Identify client business needs and proactively present opportunities to channel leaders
• 7+ years of marketing, advertising or project management experience, agency experience preferred
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline and possess exceptional writing skills (must be demonstrated through examples)
• Preferred communications experience will include internal communications strategy and/or writing, but persuasive and highly effective writing equivalent positions (public relations, for example) will be considered
• Candidate must have a client-first attitude, strong work ethic and demonstrate strong account management skills
• Highly organized and detailed, with the desire to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage numerous tasks simultaneously
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, internally and externally
• Adhere to the akhia core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
• Consistently requires sitting for a majority of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
• Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
• Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job related documents to carry out job duties
• Occasional overnight travel by land and/or air may be necessary
akhia is a fully integrated marketing communications agency located in Hudson, Ohio. We came to be in 1996 when founder, Jan Gusich, set up shop with a card table, a client and a vision after spending years in the PR business at a big Cleveland ad agency. Today, akhia is 40+ experts-strong, boasting a client roster of some of the smartest and most respected companies in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
akhia has been named as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio for three consecutive years and was also named a Weatherhead 100 award winner for three consecutive years as a fastest-growing company in Northeast Ohio.
akhia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Apply through our website at https://www.akhia.com/About/Ca