akhia, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is seeking a driven, highly motivated Account Executive who is able to handle changing priorities with ease in a fast-paced agency environment serving a range of B2B and B2C accounts. As a key member of the account team, this person is on the front lines of client service and will serve as a primary contact between client and agency on a daily basis with support from the account team. The Account Executive will be responsible for, but not limited to, building, managing and growing client relationships while exceeding clients’ business and marketing objectives.
• Write and utilize briefs and other workflow documents to communicate project details and updates to appropriate agency teams
• Lead and participate in status meetings, client meetings, client calls and client presentations
• Actively develop media lists and pitch local and national media, including consumer and trade outlets and own media relationships, when applicable
• Maintain comprehensive weekly status reports, lead and participate in status meetings, client meetings and client calls, when applicable
• Execute tactical aspects of strategic marketing communications programs and campaigns, and media relations efforts including, programming news releases, maintaining media lists and identifying editorial opportunities.
• Provide client service administrative support; draft meeting agendas, attend meetings and compile action items, schedule meetings and manage logistics
• Oversee numerous projects, ensuring deadlines and expectations are met
• Manage projects with creative and content teams from project conception to delivery of final files to client
• Prepare monthly client billing reports
• Collaborate with all agency teams to develop strategic solutions to client challenges
• Build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and their competitors’
• Continuously bring new ideas and suggestions to clients that fit their product, company and needs
• Actively participate in professional development, training, meetings and agency meetings
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications or related field (media relations experience preferred)
• At least two years’ agency experience
• Comfortable serving on the front lines of client service, interfacing with senior agency colleagues and senior client management
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time with a keen eye to detail
• Exhibit a can-do attitude
• Ability to work collaboratively across departments and levels within the organization
• Highly organized and detailed, with ability to manage numerous tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate account management skills – proactive, driven and forward-thinking
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, internally and externally
• Adhere to the akhia core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
• Consistently requires sitting for a majority of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
• Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
• Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job related documents to carry out job duties
• Occasional overnight travel by land and/or air may be necessary
akhia is a fully integrated marketing communications agency located in Hudson, Ohio. We came to be in 1996 when founder, Jan Gusich, set up shop with a card table, a client and a vision after spending years in the PR business at a big Cleveland ad agency. Today, akhia boasts a client roster of some of the smartest and most respected companies in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
akhia has been named as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio for three consecutive years and was also named a Weatherhead 100 award winner for three consecutive years as a fastest-growing company in Northeast Ohio.
akhia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.