As a member of the brand marketing team, the Brand Communications Copywriter uses his/her copywriting and storytelling skills to create compelling content that will impact consumer behavior across a wide variety of touchpoints while adhering to branding and customer guidelines.
We are seeking someone who is capable of working on several distinct projects simultaneously and understands how to write effectively for different types of media. It is also essential to be able to write in different brand “voices” that alignment with the unique personalities of each brand and established differentiation. In addition to needing proven experience in copywriting and content creation, you’ll be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills who works well within a team and independently as needed.
This role will primarily support MTD’s premier brands: Cub Cadet and Troy-Bilt within our wheeled goods division, handheld division, and post-sales support division in the US as well as the copy needs of Craftsman branded projects. This position will work closely with graphics coordinators in digital marketing, channel marketing and corporate communications as well as the extended team in eCommerce and product marketing. This role will also collaborate (where applicable) with counter partners in other regions.
• Write compelling copy for brand communications including (but not limited to) sales literature, point-of-sale materials, dealer advertising templates, articles, e-newsletters, video scripts, press releases and social media content.
• Assist with the development of messaging frameworks and positioning statements for new product launches, including consumer research to validate messaging.
• Craft product copy for MTD websites – Troybilt.com, Cubcadet.com and MTDproducts.com – that includes (but not limited to) homepage, landing pages, category pages, product detail pages and content pages all while working within the parameters of the brand guidelines and direction from strategic brand agencies
• Assist channel and eCommerce team on development of A+ web content to support products on retailer websites
• Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of product copy for new Product Information Management (PIM) system.
• Assist email strategist on copywriting for email campaigns and templates
• Maintain copy and content deliverables schedule and share with cross-functional teams
• Maintain relationship with agencies
• Collaborate and brainstorm with cross-functional teams including agencies on content execution for short term and long term projects
• Assist in creation of retailer presentations and communications
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with…
• Strong experience in copywriting, storytelling and persuasive communications
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple campaigns/projects and cross-functional team members
• Understanding of consumer behavior and shopper marketing
• Conceptual and creative skills with attention to detail
• Ability to accept constructive feedback and work cooperatively as a member of a team
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a lot of iteration and tight turnaround
• Understand and adapt to business objective changes
• Understanding of integrated marketing communications, including production, website design, advertising, public relations, corporate communications, product packaging, environmental display, invitations, presentations, signage and multimedia design
The ideal candidate models the following leadership competencies:
• Character – Display high integrity and honesty
• Personal Capability – Demonstrate technical and professional expertise, Solve problems and analyze issues, Innovate, Practice self-development
• Focus on Results – Establish stretch goals and Take responsibility for outcomes
• Interpersonal Skills – Communicate powerfully and prolifically, Inspire and motivate others to high performance, Build relationships, Develop others, and Collaborate with others
• Technical – A good understanding of UX/UI Design for website support.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, English or related fields
• 2-4 years of work experience as a creative professional – prior agency experience is a plus
• Proficiency in Adobe creative suite programs
• Ability to work on both Mac and PC platforms
• The successful candidate must provide links or URL featuring on-line portfolio of work or have physical portfolio to share
• Corporate/open and collaborative environment
• Flexible working schedule
• Business Casual; jeans acceptable per dress code guidelines
• Approximately 10% travel within North America
MTD Products was founded over 80 years ago and is headquartered in Valley City, a half hour south of Cleveland, Ohio. Our passion has led MTD to be a worldwide leader of outdoor power equipment with facilities in Europe, North America, Asia, Australia and South America producing equipment for both residential and commercial markets.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Pension, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.