Location: Cleveland and Akron, Ohio
Pay Rate: (1.0 FTE, exempt) Based on qualificationsABOUT ASIAN SERVICES IN ACTION
Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) was founded in 1995 by four women who sought to improve the quality of life for Asians in Northeast Ohio. Serving as the only Asian American and Pacific Islander focused health and social services 501(c)(3) organization in the state of Ohio, ASIA has taken on the most challenging tasks to help the underserved, low-income, refugee and immigrant communities across the state. Today, the organization provides social services and health services for over 58,000 individuals coordinated out of three offices located in Cleveland and Akron. ASIA directs culturally and linguistically centered resources to ensure effective programming that addresses the needs of the community. For example, ASIA runs two highly ranked, federally-supported health clinics that specialize in culturally competent care.
As the largest social service agency in the Asian community of Northeast Ohio, ASIA plays important leadership and advocacy roles.
Position Description: Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Communications and Community Engagement Manager will develop communications for the agency and help build relationships in our local communities. He or she will represent the organization to the press and public, build brand awareness, enhance program impact, and broaden the network of community relationships. The Communications and Community Engagement Manager will collaborate across the agency to advance ASIA’s mission through storytelling and relationship management.
• Oversea the organization’s communications efforts, both internal and external, to help ASIA engage key audiences and stakeholders and generate public awareness of its work and public support for its clients. This will include producing a monthly online newsletter, overseeing daily social media messaging and identifying and producing engaging print and video content for the newsletter and the website.
• Serve as the final editor for all messaging going out from ASIA to make sure content meets high professional standards. This includes media releases, client stories, event announcements and social media posts.
• Create a media list and identify key journalists to help ASIA disseminate its messages, tell its stories and attract helpful news coverage
• Create a media plan for the organization
• Continually identify opportunities where community groups can be engaged with ASIA’s work and add value for the local immigrant and refugee community
• Expand ASIA’s current foundation of relationships and networks, in collaboration with the CEO and Leadership Team
• Oversee development of all marketing materials
• Create brand recognition for ASIA’s three functional areas, the International Community Health Center, Social Services and Civic Engagement, through communications, online presence, and marketing to mainstream community as well as service community outreach
• Support the Annual Gala fundraiser by helping to organize and promote the event
• Assist with annual targeted fundraising goal
• Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit, public relations, communications, journalism or similar areas
• Three to five years professional experience in a communications role
• Flexible schedule with some ability to work evenings or weekends in order to serve volunteers or donors or to attend special events
• Innovative, collaborative, and excellent communicator
• Excited to work with a diverse, multi-lingual staff
• Strong writing and editing skills; a storyteller
• Must pass criminal background check and have a valid Ohio State driver’s license
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Enthusiasm for helping New Americans to succeed
• Previous experience working with immigrants and refugees
• Familiarity working with web pages, building templates and designing brochures and marketing materials
• Some video editing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone, with high degree of professionalism
• Public speaking skills with ability to interact well with the public, board members and staff
• Experience multi-tasking and producing professional work under deadline pressure
• Prior experience with a non-profit organization
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer Elaine Tso. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.