Oct. 1, 2021
The Communications Manager – Finance and Information Technology (IT) is responsible for providing strategic communications counsel and support to the Global Finance and IT functions for The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. Reporting to the Director Global Internal Communications, the position is a trusted partner and respected advisor to members of Goodyear’s Finance and IT Leadership Teams and their respective teams.
The Communications Manager – Finance and IT is also accountable for proactive planning and executing communications strategies and programs for the Finance and IT Functions to support the achieving of company business objectives.
• Planning and Reporting: Develop and report on communications strategies, plans and programs for the Finance and IT Functions. Development may require situation analysis and prioritization, target audience identification, objective setting, message development, communications methods/tactics selection, budget management, key performance indicator setting and reporting. Measure effectiveness of actions and advise on improvements in the case of opportunities and/or challenges.
• Leadership Communications: Provide communications support and strategic guidance to the Finance Leadership Team and IT Leadership Team, and their respective teams. Proactively identify and advise leaders on priority themes and take action to plan. Provide communications counsel and solutions to leaders to build communications capability and consistency.
• Organizational Communications: Advise on, develop and ensure the successful execution of communications strategies and plans to support key business priorities (e.g. financial results, IT initiatives, IT infrastructure). Standardize systems and processes to optimize communications efficiency and effectiveness to target audiences.
• Function Communications: Advise on communications strategies and plans to support key function priorities and change management initiatives (e.g. function vision/purpose, function engagement metrics and actions, functional technology implementations, Global Business Services (GBS), finance transformation and IT transformation).
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in communications, public relations or related field required
• Masters degree and professional certifications preferred
• 10 or more years of experience in communications leadership roles in a corporation or public relations/communications agency setting (including international experience or prior employment with a large global organization)
• Proven track record establishing and executing Internal and external communications strategies and programs to support the achieving of business objectives
• Substantial experience working directly with executive leaders as a trusted advisor (executive presence, confidence and credibility
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to proactively solve problems, make strong recommendations and provide communications counsel at both the strategic and tactical levels
• Strong team orientation and experience building relationships, influencing and working effectively with diverse stakeholders
• Demonstrated leadership in Issues Management to protect corporate brands and reputation
• Organized and independent, with excellent execution skills and strong attention to detail
To apply, visit Goodyear’s career site at www.goodyear.com