Cleveland Rape Crisis Center supports survivors of rape and sexual abuse; promotes healing and prevention; advocates for social change.
The Director of Community Engagement works to increase awareness of Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s brand and programs; migrates survivors to services. A member of the Leadership Team, this key position oversees and performs activities related to marketing, communications, public relations and project management.
Principle Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Work to further the mission of Cleveland Rape Crisis Center.
• Build and maintain relationships with clients, staff, consultants, partners and vendors.
• Act as advisor to Chief External Affairs Officer; offer accurate knowledge and information to assist in making informed decisions.
• Produce annual work plan; case statement(s), strategies, activity timelines; benchmarked goals, objectives and outcomes.
• Provide leadership, guidance and development opportunities to team members.
• Analyze data and prepare reports.
Marketing & Communications
• Implement annual strategic communications plan – target market CRCC services and programs to priority populations (African American, Latinx, LGBTQ); increase brand awareness.
• Oversee publication of written materials.
• Develop online content; administer agency website and social accounts.
• Support leadership through development of internal and external communications.
• Ensure brand integrity and compliance.
• Lead cross-team coordination of Awareness Month(s) activities.
• Lead and organize client speaker’s bureau.
• Work with vendors and partners.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Develop and operationalize annual media advocacy plan.
• Proactively pitch priority messages to media; link agency mission to current events.
• Enhance media engagement through formal stewardship program.
• Coordinate interview and meeting logistics; prepare briefings; develop key messages and talking points.
• Position CRCC as a trusted, expert, non-partisan source of information relating to sexual violence, human trafficking and their prevention.
• Develop and execute and annual advocacy agenda.
• Create position statements and supporting documents for multiple audiences.
• Identify and track policies that affect survivors and service providers.
• Maintain media and public official’s lists and profiles.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Professional experience typically evidenced by 5+ years of working in the field of Public Relations.
Professional must have demonstrated written communication abilities as well as honed critical thinking and relationship-building skills. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, goal oriented, self-starter, who likes to work with autonomy. Candidates with previous leadership and supervisory experiences are highly desired. Candidates demonstrating ability to engage priority populations through marketing and media outreach will be prioritized. Candidates with strong skills in creating written communications of various lengths are highly preferred. Candidates lacking a sense of humor will not be considered.
Hours of Work: This is a full-time, exempt position. Occasional evening and weekend work hours will be required. This position has a flexible schedule for the purposes of meeting the objectives of the position.
Apply online at clevelandrapecrisis.org/career
No phone calls, please.
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.