Job Title: PR & Investigations Specialist
Report To: Brand Outreach Manager
Summary: We are looking for a promising Public Relations (PR) & Investigations Specialist to support our brand outreach and marketing team. Our ideal candidate will be a creative PR or communications graduate with excellent writing and research skills. Responsibilities include coordinating investigations on companies, industries, or other individuals and organizations that are brought to your attention. Other responsibilities include: media spokesperson, content production as well as event and project management. The position will require some travel and occasional evening and weekend work.
Responsibilities & Expectations
– Conduct in-depth investigations into businesses with complaint patterns, concerning business practices, possible scams, etc.
Monitor and publish reports submitted via Scam Tracker
– Communicate within the marketing department about investigation findings that may be PR-worthy, to assist in the creation of press releases, videos, social media, newsletter articles and other marketing materials
– Create internal communications to alert staff to possible scams and consumer warnings
– Conduct media interview preparation; leverage media relationships
– Conduct face-to-face interviews (on and off-site) with consumers, business, etc. to assist the Creative Marketing Assistant with video production
– Maintain membership in local community organizations and provide regular attendance at their functions, e.g. scam squad, chamber events, networking events, etc.
– Act as the liaison between BBB and the local business community, community organizations, seniors and young consumers
– Assist marketing team with outreach and event planning needs
– Develop and spearhead PR strategies and tactics
– Identify new opportunities and outreach efforts
– Special projects and duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, Marketing or a related field
Two years in a communications-related position
Excellent verbal, research, writing and editing skills
Strong presentation skills to a wide range of audiences
Strong attention to detail and project management skills
Personable, presentable, articulate with very high-level project management skills
Creative yet collaborative
Must be a team player
Willing to travel (25%)
Generous Benefit Package including:
Health, Dental, and Vision coverage with generous company contribution
401K with matching contribution
Long Term Disability
Generous paid time off
Flex time and work from home available
BBB is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, color, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by Local, State, or Federal law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org