Hiram College invites applications for the staff position of Senior Digital and Graphic Designer reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
The Senior Digital and Graphic Designer works closely with the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications and other College Relations team members to collaborate on digital and traditional marketing needs and execution. This position:
• Creates digital and traditional work in a deadline-driven environment;
• Creates, implements, and delivers on admissions and recruitment marketing;
• Collaborates with a wide array of stakeholders, including the VP of Enrollment Management, the VP of Alumni Relations and Development, and the Office of the President;
• Ensures an efficient workflow within the department;
• Leads and teaches the organization in the adherence of Hiram College’s brand identity, ensuring its appropriate representation in all forms;
• Establishes and maintains a level of design that ensures a consistent and cohesive look in Hiram College branded materials;
• Creates multimedia content that drives Hiram College’s programs and campaigns, including digital imagery, layout, motion graphics/video, and other interactive elements for website, email, and social media;
• Provides art direction in photoshoots as needed;
• Manages freelancers and resources for projects unable to be completed in-house.
• Stays current with industry trends and emerging technologies; makes recommendations based on new developments and best practices;
• Works both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
• Takes initiative and performs new tasks outside immediate experience;
• Maintains in-house digital asset management system; and
• Other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and five or more years of professional experience in design and creative services is required.
• Higher education experience with demonstrated success in the creation of compelling higher education enrollment materials that resonate with Gen Z.
• Comfortable working in a Mac environment, with a demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and Microsoft Office.
• Copy editing skills.
• Consummate attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills; able to articulate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience.
• Customer service-focused.
• Enthusiastic user of new technologies (early adopter).
• Organized; able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
• Production and project management experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in lead generation, target audience segmentation, competitive campaign development, and digital engagement.
• Affinity for Hiram College.
Job description is available upon request.
For full consideration for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, three samples of your work, including any that demonstrates experience in higher education enrollment, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references in a Word or PDF document electronically to HR@hiram.edu. Please identify the position title in the subject line when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiram College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Hiram College, established in 1850 as the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute, is a nationally-respected, private, residential liberal arts college located 30 miles from Cleveland in the historic Western Reserve region of Ohio. At Hiram, close student-faculty interaction and innovation is routine. The College’s distinctive academic calendar, the Hiram Plan, offers students the opportunity each semester for a 3-week intensive course, study abroad/away program, internship or research experience.