The International Society of Explosives Engineers (www.isee.org), an international association located southeast of Cleveland in Warrensville Heights, OH is looking for a Social Media and Marketing Intern. This is an excellent opportunity to use your talents and experience and help our organization create strategies, messaging, and metrics to measure our growing social media and web success.
Essential Job Functions
• Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, the Social Media and Marketing Intern will help develop social media strategies, craft messaging, and create a posting calendar.
• Interact with ISEE online communities to keep social media followers up-to-date on the latest International Society of Explosives Engineers (ISEE) happenings and to foster future engagement.
• Monitor social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, to identify new opportunities for engagement with target audiences.
• Gather stories and create monthly e-mail newsletters.
• Assist with writing stories and developing key messaging for the ISEE website as well as other ISEE print, and digital media.
• Provide administrative support to the department and assists with special projects as assigned.
Skills Gained from this Internship
The Social Media and Marketing Intern will gain real-world insights and experience in the development, planning, execution, and evaluation of social media, media relations, and communications initiatives.
• The ideal candidate would be pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.
• Strong understanding of crafting engaging communications across various media.
• Knowledgeable on the latest social media trends and tools for publishing, monitoring and reporting.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn ISEE platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google Analytics.
• Knowledge of content management systems Joomla and WordPress as well as the customer management system iMIS is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong design skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
About the International Society of Explosives Engineers (ISEE)
Founded in 1974, the International Society of Explosives Engineers (ISEE) is an international society representing explosives engineers and industry stakeholders promoting safety, security, and the controlled use of explosives. ISEE is headquartered outside Cleveland, Ohio, with membership throughout the world. For more information, visit www.isee.org.
Job Type: Part-time internship
Compensation: $15 an hour
Hours: Up to 15 hours a week
Schedule: Flexible with the ability to partially work remotely.
Direct Report: Marketing Manger
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to:
Bill Wahl, Marketing Manager
International Society of Explosives Engineers