By: Rachel Burns, Analyst Relations Specialist, Hyland
Personal and professional growth was a number one goal. That’s what a PRSA mentor told me once. This included their goal to receive their Accreditation in Public Relations (APR). This is also a goal for many PR professionals who find value in it for their own personal and professional growth.
So what is the APR? First, it’s internationally recognized and, as defined on PRSA.org, the APR integrates timeless communications principles with contemporary strategies and tactics. If you’re wondering if earning your APR is for you, here are a few benefits for you to check out:
- The ability to take your professional skills to the next level and identify strengths and opportunities for continued growth
- Showcase your commitment to excellence to your current and potential employers and colleagues
- Receive direct access to top public relations leaders who will help guide you through the process
- Access to tools needed to distinguish yourself in the PR profession
In addition to earning your APR, conferences are a great way to grow professionally and personally – building knowledge in the industry as well as building a strong professional network. Below are a few industry conferences for new pros to explore.
- New pro in a new industry? PRSA offers a variety of industry-specific conferences throughout the year including Travel & Tourism, Corporate Communications, Public Affairs & Government and more
- Looking for a specific conference, such as social or marketing? PR News has provided a list of conferences for 2018
Do you have any success stories from attending a conference? Do you have any others that you’re attending and would recommend we add to our list? Leave a comment or find us on social and let us know!
As always, PRSA Cleveland board members are available to meet or help answer any questions.