Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Reports To: Director of Community Engagement
Supervises: Volunteers and Interns, as needed
Mission Statement: Cleveland Rape Crisis Center supports survivors of rape and sexual abuse, promotes healing and prevention, and advocates for social change.
Position Summary: The primary goal of the Community Engagement Department is to encourage more survivors of rape and sexual abuse to access Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s services. The Marketing & Communications Manager manages various marketing and communications projects, working to build impactful engagement with Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s target audiences online and in the community, so that more survivors of rape and sexual abuse access the Center’s services. This position reports to the Director of Community Engagement within the External Affairs Department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Principal duties are to:
• Manage and support the agency’s website using WordPress, creating engaging written, graphic and video content, and managing updates; lead website planning and strategy development
• Manage and create written content for internal and external e-newsletters
• Develop and create general written content, including speeches, position statements, op eds, etc.
• Design electronic and print materials, including flyers, brochures, posters, and other materials
• Manage overall external and/or internal communications calendars, inventory of marketing collateral and promotion items (content creation, strategy design and placement)
• Support Voices of Change program including coordination of workshops and trainings
• Support the agency’s social media plan including some content creation, strategy design, and reporting out on metrics;
• Support creation of and design event and annual fund campaigns and materials (online and print)
• Strengthen brand awareness by creating graphics and written content within the Center’s brand guidelines
• Report out on metrics including, website and e-newsletters
• Act as an ambassador of Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
• Utilize CRM-style database to manage community engagement contacts
• Perform administrative and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5-7 years of demonstrated professional experience carrying out marketing programs in a nonprofit setting
• A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, English or related field
• Strong skills in creating written, graphic and video content within a broad base of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, as well as Constant Contact
• Strong experience creating content for and maintaining websites using WordPress
• Ability to understand and communicate the agency’s mission, and create visual content and messaging within the Center’s brand guidelines
• Demonstrated successful experience in marketing programs and services, and in communicating with target audiences with diverse backgrounds
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and ability to produce graphics, flyers, brochures, and other print and electronic materials, within the Center’s brand guidelines
• Proficiency in the use of Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Constant Contact (or equivalent programs)
• Ability to perform all work through the lens of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Ability to multi-task and organize
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
Innovative, passionate, and creative professionals with a sense of humor and desire to learn are encouraged to apply.
Hours of Work:
This position has a flexible schedule for the purposes of meeting responsibilities. This is a full-time (40 hours a week)
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.