We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
Our commitment to diversity is based on this basic belief that many points of view come together to make a stronger and more creative organization. It makes our products more authentic, and it makes American Greetings an even more exciting place to work.
• Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
• Paid holidays
• Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
• Tuition assistance
• Wellness program
• AG Workperks Discount Program
• All Hands Meetings
• Employee Assistance Program
• Hybrid Environment
The Sr. Corporate Communications Specialist will play an important role in the Company’s strategic communications efforts. As a member of the corporate communication team, they will partner with internal stakeholders to research and write effective internal and external communications such as articles, announcements, speaking points, scripts, media releases, etc.
The role is primarily responsible for seeking out, writing and editing materials that inform, connect and inspire associates about our business and company culture.
The position reports directly to the Director of Corporate Communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write both internal and external communications. This includes but is not limited to employee communications/announcements, executive communications, speech writing, video scripts, communication plans, media plans and media releases. Writes for both the company’s intranet and external internet site.
• Proactively identifies and develops compelling, timely content.
• Participate in the complete editorial process — ideation, writing, editing, fact-checking, proofreading.
• Provide counsel on internal and external messaging and content development to ensure that communications are clear and aligned with the company’s strategic goals.
• Assist the broader communications team with writing needs, including the drafting and editing of articles, press releases among other communications.
• Anticipate needs, respond quickly to requests and draft materials as needed.
• Work with teams to proactively solve problems using communications tools and good common sense.
• Monitors the article request process to keep track of requests for communications that are submitted from associates throughout the organization.
• Edits content submitted from various departments for consistency and accuracy. Ensures alignment with corporate strategies and key messages. Ensures that communications are reviewed and approved by the stakeholders.
• Works with multiple contacts at all levels of the organization to secure information and develop messages.
• Deals with confidential information on a regular basis.
• Develops and maintains the CorporateAmericanGreetings.com
• Acts as a liaison for departments that work with the internet and technical vendors. Helps coordinate and align projects with existing strategies and the corporate culture and tone.
Internal and External Support
• Participates in media relations activities such as writing and distributing press releases, external statements and addressing media inquiries as necessary.
• Moderates questions, comments, and general feedback within imAGine, and works with appropriate internal resources to address any issues or questions.
• Assists with the planning of special events, conferences and meetings for associate audiences.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
• A minimum of 5 – 8 years related writing experience, previous work in journalism is a plus
• 5 – 7 years experience working on internal/external websites / intranets / online communities
• 5 – 7 years of progressively more responsible experience with writing, proof-reading and editing copy, including internal strategic communications
• Gifted storyteller with ability to identify and share compelling, relevant stories that support business objectives
• Superior research, writing and editing skills, accountable for producing accurate, engaging and factually correct content representing various stakeholder voices
• Strong communications and project management skills with proven ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize assignments
• Experience fostering cross functional relationships with an ability to listen, collaborate and influence others to achieve the common goal of elevating brand and leadership voice and reputation
• Experience with Microsoft Teams SharePoint and content management systems such as WordPress, Magento, etc.
• Advanced experience with Photoshop and Flash for graphics and programming
• Basic experience with Adobe Illustrator
• Experience in conducting research including user requirements and usability reviews
• Experience in project management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with all levels of associates
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize between key deliverables, on tight deadlines
• Understanding of corporate communications and how an Intranet fits into an overall communications strategy
• Knowledge of information design and layout principles
• Familiarity with Survey Monkey, Cold Fusion, Forms creation, and event registration
• Working knowledge of trademark and copyright laws
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Innovative – ability to research and propose effective solutions
• Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
• Requires a high level of professionalism to work directly with key executives of the organization.
A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field preferred.